Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A boy, his dog, and his fire...

So this year with Ben being home with me has offered me some amazing moments as a mom and a teacher. This day Ben asked if at his quiet reading time he could make a fire on his own and read by the fire. Mom's only rule is you have to start it the good old fashion way no lighter fluid! So I checked in every few moments through the window but I wanted him to have his victorious man vs wild moment! And he surely did :) I found him with his dog, his book, and his fire....sounds like a good day at school to me!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Yeah you're back!!! This is so sweet, he is such an amazing young man. He needs to be a boy scout.... ;)

Dana Hope said...

I didn't know you had a blog. I love it! You are so inspiring as a wife, mom and friend. Your kids are so blessed to have a mother who is invested in making life a learning opportunity--and you do it with such grace and humor. I adore you and that precious family of yours.