Wednesday, November 16, 2011

3 months old...how is it even possible?

You long for 3 months to go by when you are pregnant...I now find myself clinging to each minute that passes. A race that the hands of time are continually battling me.
Its currently 3:40am and I'm up with my sweet Alexa, yet again. Some how I have a different view and an unexplained joy in these wee hours. I soak in the perfectly made fingers and delicate toenails, smell the lingering hints the day has left behind, feel their soft fuzzy heads against my cheek, trace the outline of their soft pink lips, kiss every exposed inch of skin.
These moments I get to examine each one separately. Look, truly look, at the wonder of what God has done. God formed 2 perfect babies in my womb.Who am I to be this blessed? The bustle of the day has left me in awe of Him. Humbled by His goodness. In the quiet of the dawn I am able to slow down the ticking clock and enjoy the moment....



1 comment:

Burns Family said...

Your little and "big" kids are just the sweetest. I can't wait to actually meet your darling twins in person some day hopefully soon!